Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Two Hearts as One Kitchen Set+

Wow...over a month since I last posted. I swear I've knitted things since then...so what if they are just sitting there on my desk needing their ends to be woven in, or even bound off...here's something I finally finished. This is designed by Cathy (a link to her blog is on the side). She has lots of wonderful designs. As I was making the towel, people asked what was I knitting and I said a towel and they looked surprised that I would take the time to make something so beautiful for a kitchen towel...then I explained it was part of wedding gift set for my friend and then it was a little better. The gift isn't done though. Check back and I'll post pics of the final gift.

Tonight I made bread pudding...for the first time. I tried to make it healthy, its wheat bread, splenda, earth balance, soy milk, dried cranberries and almonds. Then my roommate wanted to add chocolate chips, instead of the cranberries, and cinnamon. In the end, we compromised: there are chocolate chips, cranberries, and almonds, no cinnamon. However, I had milk chocolate chips and they melted as soon as I put them in the milk lol. Nevertheless, its yummy.

Still on the Herbalife plan. I have lost 6 pounds since I started in February. I forget how many inches, but that is more representative, as I have put on a lot of muscle. I am in a size 8-10, depending on the store. Before Herbalife, I had been working out for 1 year, eating healthier for about 6 months, and had lost 18 pounds, do not know the inches. I definitely have a lot more energy, stamina, and strength. The images below are two of the variations on the Herbalife shakes that I make regularly. One are protein balls and the other is yes, vanilla pie. I love these two dishes.

3 comments:

Martin Johns said...

The products from Herbalife seem to work (they have good reviews at NutritionalTree.com). But they seem expensive.

lovealegna said...

I spend about the same as I did before Herbalife, but then again my grocery bill was expensive before as I eat mostly organic products. I rarely eat out. The Herbalife has a lot of components to it and of course it works when you use the whole program. But I had plateaued in my weight loss and strength training and needed something to jumpstart and this did the trick. Plus, my suppliers are wonderful people who I love :)

Cathy said...

You did a beautiful job on the kitchen set! Just wait until you see what I have up my sleeve for this set...but it's going to take me awhile...my children seem to think they all need to have a bunch of birthdays between now and July!