Saturday, January 19, 2008

Welcome to Blogging

So this is my entrance into self-blogging. New to knitting myself, it was pointed out to me that blogging would be a great thing. I'm calling this Knitting Scientist as my roommate has pointed out I have a very scientific approach to my knitting (I am a scientist and feel the only way I can truly understand knitting is to experiment...). I have a growing stash, mostly cotton as I have become obsessed with dishcloths.
As I also have knitting ADD, I am currently in the middle of a few things: (1) the Monthly KAL's Jan Midmonth, which is this lovely lacy pattern that will be finished on Monday, (2) Love's Many Cloths which is very sweet and should be done some point next week, (3) earwarmers of my own design in a cable-knit (my first cable) using some leftover yarn that I hope to finish soon, and (4) socks from Favorite Socks: 25 Timeless Designs which I've abandoned for the time being as its frustrating me and so is work so no patience for it right now. I used to make fun of my friend for having knitting ADD until I started myself. Now I understand!
I have also ordered a custom-made traveling knitting case from brileyknits. Brian came very highly recommended and I am so eager to receive my case. He's put up with a lot from me. Hopefully, it'll be here some time next week.

No comments: